Saturday, October 3, 2009

Epigraphs and Bobby

According to Wikipedia "In literature, an epigraph is a phrase, quotation, or poem that is set at the beginning of a document or component. The epigraph may serve as a preface, as a summary, as a counter-example, or to link the work to a wider literary canon, either to invite comparison or to enlist a conventional context." But I also like them in music, they set the tone. Sometimes they take form of dedications or explain the purpose of song, Busta Rhymes' "Touch It (Remix)." Usually though, they introduce some other feeling that the song/music may not so obviously imply.

One of my favorites is from Ratatat's "Seventeen Years," which also happens to be my general ringtone. So if you call me and you don't have your own very special ringtone, that's what plays. It is funny, I believe:


Also, check out this song-thing "Alice" which Bobby Esnard (Bobnard!) referred to me. Apparently it's old, but it's new to me. And if you're feeling especially adventurous check out this Yooouuutuuube thing, again thanks to Bobs. It's kind of how you say? trippy? Ah, trippy. Do you use this word "trippy?"





No comments:

Post a Comment